A thing of beauty is joy forever

A thing of beauty is  joy forever

17 October 2009

my first blog hAul! yey:)









Hello everybody! How are you? I wanted to share with you my shopping that I did last week. First I went to Boots and got myself Book of Shadows vol.II.


Now I know that everybody's raving about it but what can I say? I LOVE IT. I actually like it better than the first part. It consists of 16 eye shadows, 2 24/7 eyeliners (brown and black) and a tiny Primer Potion. I've been using it nearly everyday and it allowed me to create a different look every time I used it. In addition, the eye shadows are super pigmented and last forever. I was so surprised that the liner stayed on my waterline until the evening without without the touch ups during the day. So in general, I am very satisfied with this palette. I know it's not cheap (drugstore cheap) as it costs around £27 but I'd say it's worth it.

AAaa! Almost forgot! The pallet on top has this booklet with different make-up looks that I find really inspirational. Sometimes in the morning when I prepare myself to go to college, I can decide what I want:) I don't know which colours I want to wear, don't know if I wanna go dramatic or keep it simple etc. I know it sounds lame but sometimes I just feel this way.. Anyway that's when I have a look at the booklet and it really helps, I feel sort of inspired and challenge in a way and most of the time I come up with some pretty looks:)


The next thing that I got at Urban Decay counter was the brow kit in Brown Sugar. I probably shouldn't say it out loud but that's my very first eye brow kit ever!!! I know, I know! I always used an eye shodow or a pencil so I was very exited to get that. It has 2 shadows: one light and one dark (which is good as you can mix them up and create a perfect shade that suits you), small pair of tweezers (how cute is that!), tiny angled brush and it has also a hidden:) drawer with wax.
I'm also very happy with this product as it has everything you really need to have perfect brows. Plus, the packaging is adorable! As far as I remember it costs around £14.





And
the last thing I got there was L'oréal Double Extension ultra-lenghtening mascara. It has renewal serum on one side and mascara on the other. I wasn't too sure when I got it- I thought it's too much fuss to use first the white base and then mascara BUT I changed my mind! It's super easy to use and it gives brilliant effect! My lashes appear to be longer and thicker, it doesn't clump. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the serum. I can't really see the difference however my lashes are long and thick naturally so this mascara can really emphasise that.
Any opinions about this product guys? I'm really curious how is it working out for others:)



Than I went to Lush. First I have to say that it took me time to convince myself to Lush products. At first when I walked into one of the shops I was so overwhelmed with the smell that.... I left!!:D But I came back and I really enjoy their
products. So this is what I bought:

I realised I went a little wild but it happens to me quite often in shops like Body Shop or Lush. Can't help it:) The only excuse is that I had a 10% off voucher:)
So I got: Ultralight, Jacko (Bath Ballistic), Vanishing Cream,hair conditioner American Cream, Xmassy shower gel Snow Fairy, Mange Too and a toner Breath Of Fresh Air. Let's give it a week or two and I will review some of these products because I just got them and for the moment I looove them all ;-)


I also went to Topshop. I love the fact that students have 10% off all year long:)
I got only a plain long-sleeved shirt that can be used in soooo many different ways and outfits.
The second thing I bought is the necklace that I adore! It's one of those necklaces that even worn with a simple tee, can really make an impact!






My bf surprised me with a cute Haloween gagdet and I can't stop using it. It's spooky and adorable at the same time. He got it at John Lewis. I really lik
e automn:)
Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment