A thing of beauty is joy forever

A thing of beauty is  joy forever

01 March 2010

IN's and OUT's

IN's:

-Getting back to shape
During winter I tend to gain weight so during
the last week I decided to do something about it.
I try to exercise everyday. I'm not a gym person
but I enjoy running and practising yoga at home.
I also have Wii Fit- although it's not super serious,
it brings the variety.



-Living on my own
I've always shared a flat. Either with flatmates
or a boyfriend. For the first time ever I live on my own.
I'm not gonna lie- it was rough at first (it is still sometimes)
but I started to appreciate it. For once it's about what
I want. I learn how to be happy with myself.
Cos if I'm not happy with myself,
I will never be able to be happy with somebody else.
Amen=)



-Eating more reasonably

I don't call it a diet (this word makes me go: ewww lol)
I eat more veggies & fruits, control my portions
and reduce the junk food. I don't want to do
anything too extreme cos I know I wouldn't stick to it
for too long. I've been doing it for a week and I lost 1 kg
which motivates me a lot:)


-Drinking water
I drink at least 2l of water daily and I can't emphasise
enough its benefits! My skin looks better, I feel less tired
and it fills my stomach so I don't get hungry too quickly.

OUT's:

-Stress
I've been dealing with a lot of stuff recently.
I can feel that both my body and my mind are exhausted.
That's one of the reasons why I became so obsessed with
changing my eating and fitness habits:)
(*look at INs*)


-Lack of sleep

My sleeping pattern is all over the place.
I'm a night person. I enjoy staying up to 4 or 5am
but college and work require being reasonable:)
Last 2 weeks were really tiring because I couldn't
sleep at night and I was like a zombie during the day
trying to survive. Then I used to have a nap in the afternoon
and of course still couldn't sleep at night. It was like a closed circle.
I'm working on that.



-Money
I'm learning how to control my shopping.
It's painful:/

xx

4 comments:

  1. Aww such a great post. I need to think about my in's and out's. Yours are awesome :) I agree with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I learn how to be happy with myself.
    Cos if I'm not happy with myself,
    I will never be able to be happy with somebody else." -- I agree with that, everything starts from within! Good luck with the changes you are having in life. :D

    Will now follow you, follow my blog too?;D


    Check out my blog!
    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you said about living on your own and totally agree with what you've said!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete