A thing of beauty is joy forever

A thing of beauty is  joy forever

06 December 2009

elf cosmetics: yay or nay?



It's a first time that I ordered stuff from ELF website and I've never tried their cosmetics before but heard so much about it that I placed my order last Thursday. And... the parcel came yesterday!!:) Super quick! So far, so good:)





I know it's a lot of stuff but
1.yeah, I got a bit carried away:>
2. if you order for over£25, you get a free mini collection
(like a small makeup palette) and as I have LOADS of makeup (DUH!)
I decided to give it to my sister-in-law:)
good girl:)


So that's what I picked up:
  • clarifying pressed powder
  • complexion perfection
  • warm bronzer
  • translucent matte powder
  • mineral booster
  • mineral blush in plum
  • tinted moisturiser (shielding hydro tint SPF 15)
  • lip defning brush
  • total face brush
  • blushing, bronzing and blending brush
  • dramitic false lashes
  • eye widener
  • eyelash curler (the body shop one hurts my eyes! seriously)
  • toe separators:>


The stuff that I'm super excited about are:


MINERAL BOOSTER





'That's what they say on the www.eyeslipsface.co.uk :

'Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that’s noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. Wear alone or buff over our Mineral Concealer and Foundation to lend extra staying power and to achieve a professional and stunning porcelain matte look that will last all day.'

So I'm really curious! I'll probably review it for you guys later


And also COMPLEXION PERFECTION sounds really interesting:

'Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil. The sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin.'







I used most of the stuff already:)
And I've got a very good first impression
BUT we shall see:)


Any experience with ELF?
Good?
Bad?


XoXo

5 comments:

  1. I really like ELF. Not all of it, I don't like their foundations/concealers etc cuz there isn't a colour to match my skin but I love their mineral eyeshadows, their brushes and the new studio primer is great! Oh and their lashes are great too! The glue isn't terribly great though :-/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wiv Lu! The glue for the lashes are a bit crummy but easily fixable with some great glue.. eyelure's fine! Um um um.. also love their Studio line brushes.. Sleek and very soft for uber cheap. I like their HD studio face powder, does the job nicely! And their eyebrow pencil..

    oooo look at me harping on! :P 'nuff said mwhahaha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww:)thank you chicas so much for all the info! I just kinda hope I won't get disappointed with the face products that I got. and I have to say I loooove the brushes so far! they're really great quality!
    I got the lashes for the Xmas party but I'll get some other glue.
    mwhaaa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive shopped from elf before. i thought their whipped facial crap was crap...so is their regular blending brush. i love their eyeshadows though!! = ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ sssdawna - cool, I'll consider that but have to say that so far I like the quality of most of their stuff and its super inexpensive!
    i really like the total face brush! x

    ReplyDelete