A thing of beauty is joy forever

A thing of beauty is  joy forever

19 December 2009

elf 's mineral booster review






As you might remember I was quite excited about this product
when I received my package from ELF.
Initially, I wanted to purchase Origins Multi-grain Makeup
but it was impossible to find a light shade of it, I tried several places and it was
sold out. Plus it is £20. I thought about ordering online but whats the point to order 1 product
and pay the postage?!
So, without further rambling,
I was excited when I realised that ELF has similar product in their line.

ELF'
s web site promises a lot:
Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that’s noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. Wear alone or buff over our Mineral Concealer and Foundation to lend extra staying power and to achieve a professi
onal and stunning porcelain matte look that will last all day.


How to use it?

Shake the Natural Mineral Booster back and forth to get excess loose powder into the tray. Gently glide over the powder with a Kabuki Brush to grab the powder, bring your brush to the cap to work in the powder to the brush, then tap off any excess. Apply to areas of the face that need coverage by working into the skin in a circular mo
tion.



It comes in two sizes:

Small 5.1 grams £3.50
Large 17.8 grams £5



What I think about the product?
  • it is sheer but I wouldn't say that it would match all skin tones, I'm freakishly pale and the powder is very light with pinkish undertone therefore I don't think it would match darker complexions but it's perfect for me,

  • it gives a matte, soft finish but its not chalky,

  • it feels very light and silky,

  • I got a couple of compliments saying that my face looks very fresh when I first started using it,

  • I use it to set my makeup and it seems to hold a bit longer,

  • it's ridiculously inexpensive (comparing for instance to Origins),

  • I like the whole idea of mineral makeup, it's great that it does a little extra for the skin,

  • it makes my skin looks poreless.

So YAY, I really like it.


Would I repurchase it??

DUH:)
I will repurchase,
this time a bigger one


Hope you find it helpful!
Have a fantastic weekend!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. well, that was a useful post! thank you, I am waiting for what is next, I am certainly following you!

    xoxo,
    Froso

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks for visiting hun! xx

    ReplyDelete